Wednesday, June 22, 2016

NBA Draft: Who is Number 1?

The Sixers are on the clock. There is speculation as to who they should take with the top pick in the draft. Brandon Ingram and Ben Simmons are the top two names that are floating around. Jamal Murray from Kentucky is getting some consideration as well.
This is one that the Sixers can not miss on. The fan base has endured 3 straight years of losing on purpose. Who ever they pick must make an impact on and off the court. Jahlil Okafor was a good pick last year but they need a player to market the team around. Some of Okafor off court actions don't translate well to Madison Avenue.



Ben Simmons has more upside. While he did not perform or shoot as well as his critics would like, he is a tremendous passer and ball handler. I see him as a Lamar Odom if and when he develops a outside shot. That may take a season. Simmons has not worked out for any team other than the Sixers and did not attend the combine.


Brandon Ingram is a shooter and a scorer. While he is very slight and will need to gain weight, he is what the Sixers need right now other than a point guard. He would score at least 15 to 20 every night as is. I see him being as a junior Kevin Durant. He also worked out for Sixers.

The pick: If I work for the Sixers I go for what I see. Simmons is good and was touted as the next Lebron out of high school. He did play for a poorly coach and underachieving LSU team. He did not make them better. He is ready physically.
Ingram played for Duke and lead his team to the NCAA tournament. He will provide an immediate need. If I am patient I go Simmons. But if I want now then I go Ingram.
Best Scenario: Sixers trade Okafor to Lakers for number 2 pick and take Ingram and Simmons. I start going to Wells Fargo Center again.

                   Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for updates!
                   Check out my app, Smart Responsible Gaming at thegamingguym.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment