Saturday, April 5, 2014

Philly Tech Week 2014

Yesterday was the 1st day of Philly Tech Week. I participated last year and learned about the dynamics of coding. Coding is the language that programmers use to write applications and develop web pages. This year, I am attending again. Some of the sessions that I plan to attend include digital marketing trends and  crowdfunding for start ups. I go to events like this mainly for the networking opportunities.
 
Last year, I met Dr. Frank Lee from Drexel University. It was that meeting that led me to utilizing Drexel for my current design and developer needs. My point is that I went to the meet up for one purpose and a year later, it turn into a larger venture than I had conceived. So stepping out of your element is a good thing. Don't limit yourself to your circle of family, friends and business associates. Build your network. Go places with faith that you never dream of. 
 
This is the link to an article about Professor Lee and his involvement with Philly Tech Week 2014.
 
 
This year, about 70 freshmen entered Drexel's highly regarded gaming program, which bridges its College of Computing and Informatics and its College of Media Arts and Design. They all meet - digital artists, coding geeks, and those who span the divide - at Drexel's new Entrepreneurial Game Studio, a name reflecting Lee's aim for students.
 
Drexel University is one of the strongest technical schools in the country.  Dr. Lee prominently cites the expertise and creativity of his students. I hope to tell you soon of my experience of dealing with one of them.
 
Thanks to Philly.com and Jeff Gelles for outstanding story about the conception of a mobile gaming hub.  
 
                                        Follow me on Twitter at GamingguyM and
                              on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gaming.guym



No comments:

Post a Comment