Monday, April 14, 2014

Philly Tech Week Night at the Comcast Center



 
I attended the Philly Tech Week Signature Event at the Comcast Center. This event was sponsored
by AT&T. I would say over 1200 people were in attendance. It was well worth $30. They provided
food and beverages.
 
                                                                       And open bar! 
 

Several sponsors were there in addition to AT&T. They all were attempting to enlighten the crowd about their products and services. This was also a great opportunity to network.
Some of the notable in the crowd included Dr. Frank Lee from Drexel University, Danielle Cohn from the Philadelphia Visitors and Convention Bureau and Michael Maher, the cofounder of Benjamin's Desk. Media was represented by Comcast and 6ABC.
 
I was able to meet and exchanges ideas along with business cards with over 15 people. My goal was 10. I passed out flyers and explained my purpose for being at a tech event. I was warmly received and
glad that I invested the time and the money to come. I plan to reach out to everyone that I met that night to enhance the initial meeting.
 
 
 
 
My night was complete when I met Christopher Wink, the founder of Philly Tech Week. He was gracious and thank me for coming. I truly should have thanked him for having the vision to set an event up like this. Entrepreneurs, groups involved with start up ventures or college students seeking information are all in one room. Each of them with the opportunity to talk about what they do and how they propose to do it.  I'll be there again next year. But my goal will be loftier. I plan to meet at least 30 people. Maybe you.
 
Read more about Philly Tech Week!
 
Follow me on Twitter at @GamingguyM and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gaming.guym

No comments:

Post a Comment