Friday, September 20, 2013

Relish Philadelphia

I spent a Friday evening at Relish Restaurant in Philadelphia. Relish is
located at 7100 Ogontz  Avenue. I was impressed right away with the parking. A nice lot
adjacent to the restaurant.  I was only steps away from the door.



Once you enter, you will find the restaurant is divided in two diverse parts.The small room located
on the right is for jazz enthusiasts. It is aptly called the Jazz Café.Musicians are actually playing live.

This room constitutes a more mature audience. On the right, the room is larger.
This side is for karaoke.  Most of this side was 30 and under.


What was prevalent was the outstanding food. The cornbread is awesome.  Just like Warmdaddy's.


The buffalo wings were delicious. I had the macaroni and cheese with seafood. I enjoyed it.


Since I was there for a birthday celebration, I hung out on the karaoke side.
I was totally entertained. Several of my co-workers came out and were treated to the birthday girl, Ms.GiGi, singing her rendition of Eryca Badu's Tyrone.

                            
                                            After the song, GiGi made this statement.
My 25th birthday dinner at Relish Restaurant. Let me tell you, I couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. My friends and I come here every Friday for the delicious southern cuisine with the hospitality from the staff to match, and the karaoke. You feel like family when the host knows your name and gives you your "normal" table. Karaoke? Parallel to none...some of the best musical selections in the area. You can here hopefuls singing anything from Frank Sinatra to Jay-Z, and everything in between. That, combined with soulful sound of jazz bands that can be heard from the other adjoining rooms?? Regular customer for life!!
 
 
 
               Follow me for more entertainment and food reviews at @GamingGuyM on Twitter.

2 comments: