Saturday, November 16, 2013

Deitra Leak - California My Way


My long awaited 2nd interview with Deitra Leak is here. I wrote about her earlier this year and got more views than any of my previous articles in the aspiring person series. Deitra is currently in California pursuing her acting career. She moved in August and is fondly spoken of by co workers and friends. Not a week goes by that someone doesn't mention her name or how they miss her. Deitra is an inspiration to many people. I've kept you waiting long enough. Here she is!

 
 
 
 
1). How is the transition from the east coast to the west coast?
"The transition is going okay! I’m getting use to the traffic. I have it down to a science, not to go anywhere when its rush hour.
Unless, I have an audition then I have to leave super early. Thank God for GPS it will give you the quickest route all the time! Having Fastrak is good too. It's equivalent to EZPass.
The scenery is beautiful here! So, I probably won’t get tired of the traffic for a long time because I’m still in awe of this place. I miss my food from Philly i.e. cheesesteaks, krimpets; all the bad but good food."
 

 


2).How is the new job? Compare it to the previous one.
"Noooo comparison at all!  Let's just say the countdown to becoming a full time actress has begun!"
 


3). Your hair was always fierce. Who does it now?
 


"Wow! Do I need a stylist, that’s an understatement! I thought I found one, but my hair looked better before I went in the salon, than when I came out! I’m very Diva-ish when it comes to my mane! Luckily, I can manage my own hair until I find the right one."


4). Tell the readers what was your biggest fear prior to leaving and how you overcame it?
 
"Well my immediate family and friends aren’t here. I miss them all so much! We Tango or Skype so it isn’t too bad. It’s temporary, when I become a full time working actress, I will relocate my mom here.
She’s my rock and I need her out here, yesterday! The great thing is my family will be coming out here for the holidays this year. So my son and myself won’t be alone, which is awesome.Everyone is very supportive of  me and I am so grateful for that,so no fear!
I am ready to receive what life has to offer me."
 



5). What’s the best restaurant you have been to so far out there?
"I really like Toast in L.A! Although they don’t serve alcohol and a girl needs her cocktails, the ambiance and the food are good!"
 
 
                                    "I like Roscoe's as well! I love their Obama Special!"

6). Tell me about your last audition?
 
 
"I auditioned for Real Husbands Of Hollywood for a co-star role. It went well. I’m waiting to hear back from them with fingers crossed." :-)
 

 
7). What do you do prior to an audition?
 
"I like to pray. Not a desperate pray, Oh God I need this job pray but more of a meditation and thanking God for the opportunity to audition for the role.
I also allow myself to be the person with whom I am portraying. For instance, The person is a lawyer on trial. I envision the courtroom, people in it etc. I place myself there and then I begin the scene/audition."


8). When do you plan to come back to Philly?

"I will come and visit after Pilot Season. It's from Jan-Mar so anytime after that. Trust me I will let you know! I'm trying to get my party on!"

 
 
9). What is the best part about being in California? 

"Making my dreams become a reality! I am here chasing my dreams! Plenty of people talk about it and never do it or get a chance to do it. I had an opportunity to pursue it, so I leaped with my son in tow! I'm truly excited. Everything was aligned for me. I am blessed and I know God got me!"

 
10). What message would you like to give to all your family and friends that read this?

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough"! Y.O.L.O. make it the best it can be, no regrets! My peeps know I am crazy and a risk taker. I love them and miss them all! I know they are routing for me and support me in whatever I do."







12) You are going on a dream date. Justin Timberlake, Idris Elba , Morris Chestnut ,Mario Lopez and Dwayne Wade all ask you out. Who you going with?


"Woah! Although, all of these men are very sexy! I gotta go with my Englishman Idris! Oooooooh I love me some chocolate men!"






 

"Idris can talk to me in that English accent anytime! He's my Hollywood crush!"



Closing notes from Deitra.      "My gift to all of you. A day in the life of an actress."
 
 
                                                 www.imdb.me/deitraleak

                                                 www.facebook.com/WhoisDeitraLeak


I am elated for Deitra. This is only the beginning!  I'll keep you posted with updates and pictures.
                                                           
                                                  Now about that party.
 
                                          Follow me on Twitter at @GamingGuyM
                                          Also on Instagram at http://instagram.com/gamingguym

 


 

 
 
 




 

 
 

 
  

 

 



 

 

 

 
  









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 









 
 
 

 

 
 



 



 


 
  
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 




 



 
 
 

 
 

  

 



  




 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
  
  

 

  
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
  
 

 



 


  

 

 
 
 




 




 
lol
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 

 
  

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment