Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Best Concerts of 2013 - Rihanna and Legends of the Summer ( Jay Z and Justin Timberlake)



I saw the best two concerts money can buy this year in Philly.  Rihanna Diamond Tour took center stage in March. Rihanna was sick and cancel two shows in other cities. She was not great that night
but good. She took the audience to the edge with her risqué style and profanity. When she closed with
Stay and Diamond that was worth the money. I like her music but doubt if I would go see her again.
She is a good performer but not an artist that you can find emotional attachment to. Rihanna does make you want to watch her every move. And buy her CD's

The best concert of the year was the Legends of the Summer with Justin Timberlake and Jay Z. Two
of the top artists of this era together on the same stage. I will never forget this concert. They opened with Holy Grail. For the next 2 and a half hours, the Citizen Bank was rocking. They took turns performing separately and together. I felt Jay Z toned down his shine so Justin could dominate.
Justin and Jay have so many hits and both had two new top selling CDs.
I am almost ready to see both of them again individually. But I would feel like I am cheating myself.  That concert is one of the best shows I have ever witnessed.
                                             And one of the best concerts of 2013.


             Follow me for more in 2014 on Instagram and on Twitter at @GamingGuyM

No comments:

Post a Comment