Thursday, September 5, 2024

NFL Super Bowl and Win Total

 The NFL starts this Thursday. So I decided to compare my NFL win total and rankings to two reputable media sources. My selections were made prior to seeing what Sports Illustrated and CBS Sports projected.This comparision enables you to see if my thoughts align or contrast with two highly repected publications.

I will start with Sports Illustrated and the rankings of the top 12 teams. My list includes of my 8 division winners,not including the Tampa Bay Bucs and 5 teams that I think will be wild card teams.I based my selections on the prognosis that 4 teams that were not in the playoffs in 2023 will be in the 2024 pairings. 

Gaming Guy Rankings                                               Sports Illustrated

 

1).Niners                                                                  1). Chiefs

2).Chiefs                                                                   2).Bills

3).Ravens                                                                  3).Jets

4).Dolphins                                                                4).Ravens

5)Texans                                                                     5).Bengals

6).Eagles                                                                    6).Browns 

7).Lions                                                                      7).Texans

8).Bengals                                                                    8).Niners

9).Packers                                                                     9).Rams

10).Steelers                                                                  10).Lions

11).Chargers                                                                11).Packers

12).Rams                                                                       12).Eagles




With the  NFLwin total,I decided to look at the lower end of the spectrum and teams not expected to contend for the Super Bowl.


We agreed on the Arizona Cardinals going over 6.5 wins. We disagreed on the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos. The reporter projected both teams to exceed 5.5. I have the Chicago Bears going over 8.5 while CBS Sports has them winning 8 games.  


Here is the link to more CBS Sports win totals. 

Follow me on Twitter,LinkedIn,TikTok and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment