Friday, November 23, 2012

Mary J. Blige Live Concert review,photos & videos

The Mary J. Blige Concert will start in 12 minutes. This is my 1st live blog
and I 'm excited. I have 3 of Mary's best videos and photos from her concert
in Philly at the Mann Music Center. That show was held in August.

Mary is coming out to Love with out a limit(All Night Long). She has a gray dress with thigh high black boots. She is performing in Atlanta. She keeps the energy going with "You bring Me Joy".

Mary slows it down with "I the Only Woman".She uses this as a rally cry
for the women in the audience. The name of the venue she is performing at
is The Tabernacle. It appears to be sold out. When she takes a break, check out the video below.

MJB continues with "You Gotta Believe". The crowd is singing along
and into the song. Most of the throng is female. She maintains the slow
pace with "I Never Want To Be Without You". I must have slept this cut
because I never heard it. So far, the pace of this show is not as fast as the one in Philly. When a concert is a televised event, the show must have a
balance due to the time restraints.

Mary acknowledges the crowd and remembers her beginnings. She brings out a teenage girl and they sing together. The girl's name is Katlyn Nicole.
She lets the girl sing by herself and she rips "I Going Down". Mary is real
and makes the girl's dream come true.

Mary returns to the stage with a black hat that match the boots. She rocks
the heck out of "Be With You". So far this is the best song of her set. She
is soulful and she ad libs the hook. She has the house lights turned up to
see the audience. She sings "Mary Joint".

No costume changes during this set.I would have preferred at least one. I also like when Mary wears her hair up. This is a good show but the one
in Philly was better.

Mary goes back to 1994 and sings "My Life". She don't even the 1st verse
because the crowd is singing to her. She really connects with this audience.
This typical Mary. She sings this in a jazzy Ella Fitzgerald style that is awesome. Killer light show during this song with a strong lead guitar that closes the song. Check out the videos and photos.

http://youtu.be/90c9pEtZquw
Real Love
from What's the 411


http://youtu.be/8XNaPX6MKlU 
Wanna Be With You
from The BreakThrough

http://youtu.be/FIkAyGMrx2g
Don't Mind
from My Life II
Mary J. Blige is still the Queen of Hip Hop. This is after a two decade run. She has expanded from a music icon to a performer in stage and screen. One of the best live female concert performers.Only Beyonce is better. Enjoy the videos and the photos.
 
 

Follow me on Twitter at @GamingguyM
for my review of  R.Kelly in Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment