Friday, November 30, 2012

R. Kelly - Single Ladies Concert in Philadelphia



R.Kelly Single Ladies Concert in Philadelphia jumped off last night at
the Tower Theatre. The Tower is not the best venue in Philly for a concert
but it is accessible. I was on the second row of the balcony so my seats
were decent.
Tamia open the show for R and perform for 35 minutes. She sang most
of her fan favorites. Tamia hit a "Beautiful Surprise" and "A Stranger in
my House". She really tore up the song that brought her to prominence with
Quincy Jones, "You Put a Move on my Heart". The crowd was polite and
gave her a standing ovation as she left the stage.
R. Kelly came on stage 40 minutes later. He set up his entrance with a
countdown of R minus 20 minutes and did this up to the one minute mark.
He open the show with "Your Body Calling Me". He sang it in the usual
tempo,then slowed it down and closed it strong. He proceeded to sing
everything from "Bump N Grind" to "Ignition"
R. did a new feature in his show that included a theatre opera song and a
Kells Karaoke. He played a series of his songs from the beginning that the
crowd sang along with for 10 minutes while he interacted with the crowd.
He did the standard cage scene with a dancer that never seems to get old.
He closed his two hour performance with "I Believe I can Fly" and "When
a Woman Loves". He sent the crowd off into the night with "Step in the
Name of Love".
The crowd is older for "R" but they are the true R. Kelly fans. He has so many hit songs he was only able to do a snippet of each. Single Ladies Tour
is coming to a city near you. I recommend you check it out. Start by listening to two of Kells videos.
                                                                      
I Can't Sleep
http://youtu.be/DmDyBUSAIt8
Share My Love
http://youtu.be/D3ufEF45-J4
  

                       Follow me on Twitter at @GamingGuyM                            

No comments:

Post a Comment