Friday, January 11, 2013

New York City's Raven Cassell - The Aspiring Person of the Week (2)



Raven Cassell is making her mark and working toward her dreams.
She is a twenty year old Liberian American who works two jobs
and attends Camden County Community College. She is 12 credits
short of her associates degree. She graduates in May 2013. Upon
graduation, she plans to attend Pace University or the New School
of Drama in lower Manhattan. She is currently working with acting
coach, Philip Jacobson. They meet once a week to work on monologues
and script reading. Raven does all this and still made time for her seven
questions. Here they are!



      1).    What do you do when you’re not working or practicing your craft?

Raven - "During the time that I’m not practicing my craft, I am a student working on my associates degree at Camden County College. I am currently in the audition process for the Universities I plan to transfer to. I also work at a daycare teaching Pre-K and I work at a Group Home assisting the developmentally disabled."
         2). How long have you wanted to be an actress?
   
          Raven -  "I have wanted to be an actress since I've known my name."









   3). Who is the person whose artistic style you would emulate if you could and why?
 
Raven - "When it comes to drama, Julia Roberts has always been someone I idolize. She has reached a high level of success and has become a very large influence on me. Lucille Ball was the first woman to introduce me to situational comedies. From very young age, I laughed along with her as I unintentionally grasped her acting techniques."
4) Who is your favorite musical artist?
 Raven - Erykah Badu. "She is a neo-soul female recording artist and performer. Her music is very therapeutic and tranquilizing as well as uplifting and funky. I was only able to see her in concert this past summer."
5).What your ultimate career goal?
Raven - "To be able practice my craft working in film, television, voice-over and improv and make a living from it as well. I want to be able to share my knowledge with the world once I’ve reached a peak in my career. At that point, I plan to own my own acting studio for aspiring actors and actresses who need career guidance."
6). What is the hippest city you have ever been in?
Raven - "New York City is definitely the hippest city I’ve ever been to.
The city is full of diversity, energy,opportunity and most of all, hope."



7). What quote inspires you?
 
“Success Isn’t something that just happens – Success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared.” Sparky Anderson

The following photo of Raven gives the look of I love you and you're fired at the same time.



Raven's favorite song for motivation is Erica Badu's Rimshot.
It is posted below.

 

         Contact Raven at Rae492@yahoo.com 
 
Follow me on Twitter at @GamingGuyM for the next aspiring person of the week.
                   
Below is the prior Aspiring Person of The Week!
 
 
 
  

 


 

.


 

            

 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment